This just might be the oddest casserole I have ever made. Since you eat it with chips it feels more like a dip than a casserole. But I knew everyone would love it.. and I thought it sounds a lot like a taco salad. So is it a casserole or a dip? You can decide that for yourself, but I decided it tastes very good!
1 lb. ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
2 cups of Mexican cheese
A few tablespoons of your favorite salsa
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Brown the ground beef in a skillet. Then drain and rise. Follow the directions on the taco seasoning package.
3. To make the casserole: spread the refried beans on the bottom of a casserole dish, pour all the beef on top the beans, spread all the cheese on the top, and add a few tablespoons of salsa on top (you can add more if you like).
4. Bake the casserole for 30 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
5. To assemble a portion: place a few tortilla chips on a plate, top with the taco casserole, the top with diced tomatoes, sour cream and lettuce.