Bacon wrapped meatloaf with a sweet and spicy sauce on top.. I bet I caught your attention at bacon wrapped! :) The recipe is from the Pioneer Woman, I have been so obsessed with her recipes lately, everything is so good! I made this the other day, the bacon was crispy and gave a nice texture to normal meatloaf! The sauce on top was so good! Much better than the normal ketchup. This was my first meatloaf and it was successful! I will definitely be making it again!
1 cup whole milk
6 slices white bread
2 lbs ground beef
1 (heaping) cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
Ground black pepper, to taste
1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
4 whole eggs, beaten
10 slices thin/regular cut bacon
1 1/2 cup ketchup
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon dried mustard
Tabasco, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a shallow bowl, pour the milk over the slices of bread. Allow them to soak for several minutes.
2. In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, milk soaked bread, parmesan cheese, seasoned salt, black pepper, parsley and eggs. Mixing by hand works the best!
3. On a broiler pan, transfer the meat mixture and form into a "loaf" shape. Lay each bacon slice over the top tucking them under the bottom of the meatloaf.
4. To make the sauce, mix the ketchup, brown sugar, dry mustard and tabasco sauce in a bowl. spread 1/3 of the mixture over the meatloaf.
5. Bake the meatloaf for 45 minutes, then pour 1/2 of the leftover sauce onto the meatloaf and bake for another 15 minutes. Turn the broiler on for 3 minutes to get the bacon crispy. Make sure the meatloaf is cooked all the way through! Slice the meatloaf and serve with the remaining sauce.