Baked chicken breasts, rolled up with cheeses and spinach, covered in bread crumbs and topped with cheese.. perfect! This recipe is a huge hit at my house. It gives the kids there veggies, tastes amazing, and baked chicken is always healthier than fried! This is a great recipe from SkinnyTaste, that has LESS THAN 200 calories a serving! It goes great with a salad!
olive oil non-stick spray
8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
6 tablespoons egg whites
6 oz part skim mozzarella
5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
6 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
1 cup marinara sauce
1. Preheat oven to 450° and spay an 8x12 casserole pan with non-stick cooking spray
2. Wash each of the chicken cutlets and season with salt and pepper
3. Combine the breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp of parmesan cheese into a bowl
4. In another bowl, whites 1/4 cup of egg whites (only using egg whites makes it healthier)
5. In another bowl, combine 1.5 oz of mozzarella cheese, the rest of the parmesan cheese, spinach, ricotta cheese, and 2 tbsp of egg whites
6. Lay the chicken cutlets out flat, and spread 2 tbsp of the spinach mixture onto each cutlet, making sure to cover the whole surface. Roll the cutlets up and keep the seam side down to keep them intact.
7. Dip each rolled up chicken cutlet into the egg whites, and then into the breadcrumbs, making sure to cover all surfaces. Once they are covered place the chicken roll ups into your baking dish
8. Lightly spray all of the chicken cutlets with an olive oil cooking spray (this helps them get crispy)
9. Bake for 25 minutes. Then cover the chicken with the marinara sauce and remaining mozzarella cheese and bake for another 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and is bubbly.
Source: Skinny Taste