Spinach and Chicken Stuffed Shells
These are amazing. They take a while to make, but it is so worth it. In my house we will try any recipe with spinach, and we loved these!
1 box of Jumbo Pasta Shells
2 cups of chopped, cooked Chicken Breast
1 box of frozen, chopped Spinach, thawed
2 cloves of minced Garlic
15 oz container of Ricotta Cheese
8 oz package of Cream Cheese, softened
1 2/3 cup of shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 egg, beaten
1 tbs of Dried Parsley Flakes
1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp of Salt
1/2 tsp of Pepper
2 cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
1 Jar of Spaghetti Sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Boil shells according to the package directions. Drain them and rinse them with cool water to prevent them from sticking to each other.
3. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, spinach, garlic, ricotta cheese, cream cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add 1 cup of mozzarella cheese to the mixture.
4. Grease 2 9 x 13 baking dishes, spread 1/2 of the sauce into both pans
5. Spoon the mixture into the shells, be generous! [or use a ziplock bag with the tip cut off and pipe the filling into the shells.
6. Lay the stuffed shells on top of the sauce
7. Very lightly top the shells with the remaining sauce
8. Cover with foil, and bake for 40 mins
9. Uncover, Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese on top and bake for 5-10 mins [until cheese has melted]