This is a mix between a baked spaghetti and a lasagna. It is amazing! I wouldn't eat baked spaghetti any other way! It combines the spaghetti sauce and cheese from spaghetti, but has that layer of ricotta cheese from lasagna.
1 lb of Ground Beef
1 can of Spaghetti Sauce
8 oz of Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup of Sour Cream
15 oz Ricotta Cheese (the smaller container)
1 stick of Butter
3/4 of a box of Spaghetti Noodles
2 cups of Sharp Cheddar Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Boil the noodles according to the directions on the box, I use 3/4 of a box, because it feels like too much noodles to use a whole a box. You can use more or less if you want to.
3. In a skillet, brown the beef, then drain and rinse it
4. Add the spaghetti sauce into the pan with the beef
5. In a bowl, mix the cream cheese, sour cream, and ricotta cheese together
6. In a 9 x 13 casserole dish, slice 1/2 of the stick of butter into thin slices and layer them on the bottom of the pan.
7. Layer 1/2 of the noodles onto the pan (on top of the butter)
8. Spread all of the cream cheese mixture evenly on top of noodles
9. Layer the rest of the noodles
10. Use the last of the butter stick and lay thin slices of butter on top of the noodles
11. Pour the beef a spaghetti sauce mixture onto the top
12. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes
13. Take out and top with all of the cheese, bake for another 15 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
Recipe Adapted and Photo Source: the-girl-who-ate-everything.com