These are the perfect Valentine's dessert, or for any date night! These are quick, very easy to make, and they don't cost much to make at all! We loved these, the crust was sweet, buttery and flaky. The inside was full of flavor and so sweet and delicious! This idea was a cross between a mini cherry pie recipe and a old family strawberry and cream dessert recipe. It turned out wonderful!
Refrigerated Pie Dough
4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup of Sugar, plus more for sprinkling
1 can of Strawberry Pie Filling
3 tbsp of butter, melted
1. Using the softened cream cheese, mix the cream cheese and 1/4 cup of sugar.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and cut out some heart shapes (or any shape) using a cookie cutter. I made about 3 pies with one sheet of pie dough, it all depends on the size of your cookie cutter. You will need 2 shapes for each pie!
4. Place 1 tsp of the cream cheese into the center of one side of the pie dough. Don't use too much because the pie will break.
5. Place 1 tsp of the strawberry pie filling on top of the cream cheese.
6. Place the second layer of pie dough on top and secure it by pressing the ends together with a fork
7. Using your melted butter, brush the butter on the tops of the pies, and then sprinkle with the last of the sugar.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes