This is a great weeknight soup. It's inexpensive and it goes in the crock pot!
This makes enough for about 3 servings, so you may want to double the recipe for more to eat.
2 1/2 lbs of russet potatoes, washed (not peeled), and diced into 1/2inch cubes
1/2 of a large yellow onion, diced
5 cloves of garlic minced (or 2 1/2 teaspoon of jarred garlic)
32 oz (4 cups) of chicken stock or broth
8 oz of cream cheese, softened
Salt and Pepper
Crumbled Bacon or Bacon Bits
1. Combine the potatoes, onion, garlic, and chicken stock into the crock pot
2. Add salt and pepper to taste
3. Cook on low for 10 hours or high for 6 hours
4. Combine the softened cream cheese and about 3/4 of the soup in a blender, and blend until smooth.
5. Pour the blended soup back into the crock pot and stir (this allows the soup to still have some hunks of potatoes in it!)
6. Serve with any of the optional toppings
Recipe Adapted and Photo From: mamalovesfood.com